Easy Gluten-free Crackers Recipe with Split Chickpea Flour
Make these easy and gluten-free Split Chickpea Flour Crackers to munch on a lazy evening watching movies or just to eat something healthy and baked when you are bored.
Wait no more. Start reading.
Gluten-free Split Chickpea Crackers Recipe
You can make these easy Split Chickpea Flour Crackers when you want something to nibble on.
These are made using a combination of Split Chickpea Flour and Rice Flour and are 100% Gluten-free and Vegan.
This recipe is just mix, roll and bake and you can literally whip up this in under half an hour if you are quick at it.
Healthy Baked Split Chickpea Crackers
I have baked these crackers till their edges started turning golden brown. You can also deep fry them.
Also, I have used Split Chickpea Flour to make these amazing homemade crackers high on goodness. You can use Chickpea Flour that is Garbanzo Flour for these just use only enough water until it comes together as a soft and tight dough.
Is Chickpea Flour(Besan) healthier than Whole-wheat Flour?
Chickpea Flour does not contain gluten. So if you are someone who does not digest gluten well, this flour will work wonders for your gluten-free baking apart from other flours like almond flour and oat flour/oatmeal.
It definitely has a good nutrition profile than whole-wheat flour and is low on carbohydrates and this is good if you want to keep that diet profile which is low on carbohydrates.
Chickpea Flour is a little difficult to digest as compared to whole-wheat flour but it is high on Calcium and good for diabetics. So you know the pros and cons of Chickpea Flour and whether it would be suitable for you in your baking.
You may like: Whole-wheat Chocolate Chip Muffins with Jaggery
How to make homemade crackers with Split Chickpea Flour/Besan Flour?
Here are few process shots of me making these yummy crackers. Lighting is not perfect for all pictures as the day was about to end and all I could get were these pictures.
This homemade crackers recipe is very simple to make, perfect for making those gluten-free and sugar-free snacks which are also ready quickly under 30 minutes if you are quick at it.
- Mix the ingredients to form the dough.
- Roll it flat and thin enough so it does not break. The thinner the rolled dough, the crispier the crackers.
- Cut into rectangles and prick with a fork.
- Press Sesame Seeds and Nigella seeds (kalonji seeds) into all rectangles.
These are also perfect for serving to people who prefer healthy gluten-free snacks for munching and stay away from sweets and desserts! (I know, they exist!)
|Love to try new recipes? Subscribe to my newsletter and receive baking tips and new recipes every week. Follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for all updates and to receive tips for baking from scratch at home.|
Savory Gram Flour Crackers Recipe
Easy Gluten-free Cracker Recipe with Split Chickpea Flour
- Microwave/Oven Toaster Grill
- 100 grams Split Chickpea Flour/ Gram Flour
- 1 tablespoon Rice Flour
- ½ teaspoon White Sesame Seeds
- ¼ teaspoon Nigella Seeds/ Black Caraway Seeds/Kalonji Seeds
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar, sifted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- water to form a soft and tight dough
- Sift the flours and add all dry ingredients except seeds.
- Start adding little water and knead together till it forms a soft but tight dough.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 350°F/180°C
- Dust your surface with rice flour or roll the dough between two sheets of cling wrap or parchment paper.
- Roll the dough flat and thin but thick enough that it does not break. You will be able to judge the perfect thickness for your dough as you start rolling.
- The thinner you roll the crispier the crackers will be and also they will take less time to bake.
- Mark rectangles with a knife and prick holes with a fork in every rectangle so that the crackers do not puff up while baking.
- Press healthy seeds of your choice. I have used Sesame Seeds and Nigella Seeds.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180°C till the edges start turning golden brown. If you have rolled thin crackers, keep an eye around the 8 minute mark.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.