Eggless Coffee Cake Recipe
A moist eggless coffee cake with chocolate chips
Servings: 16 slices
- 160 grams All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Pinch Table Salt
- 120 grams Sifted Powdered Sugar
- 30 ml Sunflower Oil (any Odorless Oil)
- 165 ml Milk
- 2 teaspoon Instant Coffee Powder
- 2-3 tablespoons Chocolate Chips (heaping)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Sift the dry ingredients which are flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
Add the chocolate chips to this bowl and give a mix so they are all coated with the dry ingredients. This helps to not let them sink in the batter while baking.
Measure the milk and mix the instant coffee powder in the milk. Add oil and vanilla to this and then transfer this mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients.
Combine everything gently and bake in a 7x5 inch cake pan for 25 minutes at 170°C. Let it cool for at least an hour before de-moulding and slicing.